Click Submit a Proposal in left-hand menu column, and you will be given access to the submission site. If you are a session organizer, you will not be able to add anyone to a session who has not completed the required payments.
Access to the proposal submission site is available through your MyAJS account. You will need to log in to your MyAJS account; click the Online Store/Submit a Payment link to pay the 2017 conference registration fee and 2017-18 membership dues, and then click the Submit a Proposal link to access the submission site. The system will not allow you to submit a proposal until you have completed the required payments.
JOINT MEMBERS: If you are a joint member, and your partner has paid for your membership and/or conference registration, please contact the AJS office at email@example.com or 917-606-8249 to activate your access to the submission site.
Do not use the "back" arrow on your web browser to return to a previous page. You will lose your data. Move back and forth through the submission site only via the tabs in the upper right-hand corner of the submission forms.
In order to save your data, you must click "Accept and Continue" in the bottom right-hand corner of each submission page. If you are interrupted during the submission process, or wish to finish submitting at a later time, enter temporary information and click "Accept and Continue" on each page until you get to the final page, confirming that your proposal has been received. You will also receive an email confirming submission. You may go back and edit your proposal as many times as you like through the submission deadline of May 4, 2017.
If you get "lost" in the midst of submitting a proposal, you can always click the "Submission Menu" tab in the top right-hand corner of the page, and you will be brought back to the first page of the submission process. From there, you will be able to select "Work on Current Submission", and you can move through the pages you have completed (the data will have been saved) and resume where you left off.
To volunteer to chair a session, please select "Volunteer to be a Chair" from the Main Menu.
The system times out after 60 minutes. If you are unable to finish the submission process within that time, enter temporary information and click "Accept and Continue" on each page until you get to the final page, confirming that your proposal has been received. You will also receive an email confirming submission. You may go back and edit your proposal as many times as you like through the submission deadline of May 4, 2017.
1. Pay 2017 Advanced Conference Registration Fee and 2017-2018 AJS Membership Dues via the AJS website. Click here for explanation of why these payments are required in advance.
2. Make sure to have ready your paper title, 350-word abstract (150-word for graduate student individual Lightning Session proposal), and audio-visual requirement (only one piece of a.v. equipment allowed).
3. If you are a graduate student, make sure to upload your CV to the proposal submission site by May 4, 2017.
4. You must receive an email from All Academic.com, confirming receipt of your proposal (it will review paper title, AV needs, division, etc.).
5. Please be prepared with a justification for your audio-visual request. Seek FAQs for detailed information about the AJS's conference AV policy.
Edit the paper/session, making sure to select “Save and Continue” on each page, until you get to the final confirmation page. You should receive a new confirmation email, confirming that the revised proposal has been received.