• Deadline for submitting membership waiver request form for artists working on artist/scholar collaboration or other non-Jewish Studies professionals being invited to a specific conference session. Membership dues waiver recipients must still pay the registration fee for the conference as the AJS does not offer registration waivers.
• Deadline to submit a conference proposal
• E-mail notification of conference proposal status.
• Early bird conference registration deadline
• Participants whose proposals are accepted for the conference MUST pay their conference registration fees no later than August 31, 2023. Those who do not register by this date can expect that their paper may be removed from the conference. Click here for registration details.
• Deadline to request full, unconditional refund of conference registration fee (see below)
• Deadline for pre-conference registration
• Deadline for securing hotel room at reduced conference rate
• Deadline for meal requests
• Deadline for seminar participants to submit papers
• 55th Annual Conference of the AJS, San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Once a paper or session is submitted, it is expected that the individual will present their paper at the conference if the proposal is accepted. Participation in the conference is highly competitive, and a canceled presentation eliminates a spot that could have accommodated another scholar. Participants whose proposals are accepted for the conference MUST pay their conference registration fees no later than August 31, 2023. Conference payments not made by this date may result in the removal of that paper from the conference. All participants must be registered to present at and attend the conference.
Membership dues are not refundable even if your paper is not accepted.
Before August 31: All conference registration cancellations will be accepted and refunded in full until August 31, no matter the circumstance, or can be converted to a donation to the AJS.
September 1 to November 17: 50% of the registration fee will be refunded; alternatively, the full amount can be converted to a donation to the AJS. Meals and tours will be refunded in full.After November 17: No refunds will be issued for conference registrations, meals, or tours. The AJS will not be issuing refunds for cancellations related to COVID. For this reason, the AJS strongly recommends that conference participants purchase travel insurance that covers sickness of one’s self and family members, travel issues, and other unforeseen emergencies. Such policies can reimburse one not only for pre-paid travel, but for non-refundable costs such as conference fees. (This article details travel insurance options. Please note, the AJS is not affiliated with Forbes or Squaremouth or any of the insurance companies listed and offers no guarantees about coverage or eligible reimbursable expenses provided by such companies.) Individuals who cancel after November 17th may convert their fees to a donation.