Published biannually, AJS Perspectives provides a central forum for Jewish Studies scholars to explore methodological, pedagogical, and professional issues in Jewish Studies. The editors of AJS Perspectives invite applications for three new members of the AJS Perspectives Editorial Board. Editorial board members serve for three years. Applications will remain open until the positions are filled.
Members of the editorial board shape the vision of the magazine, actively solicit articles, and represent the magazine at conferences and other forums. Other responsibilities for the editorial board include publicizing biannual calls for submissions to AJS Perspectives, adjudicating a handful of 250-word pitches in and around one’s subfield, and doing a first-pass read on no more than one 1000-word essay per issue in or around one’s subfield. We would very much like the new editorial board members’ subfields to complement those of the existing editorial board members.
• be able to work closely with the editors and editorial board
• have a strong commitment to scholarship in Jewish Studies
• have strong writing and editorial skills
To apply for the editorial board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject header “Board Search” and include the following materials:
• a complete CV
• a letter presenting your experience and reason for interest in the position. Candidates for the Editorial Board should indicate how their subfield complements those of existing editorial board members.
• acknowledgement that you are in good standing with the Association for Jewish Studies.
Deadline: March 15 or until positions are filled
Please direct questions to:
These positions fall under the general category of service to the profession, and, like the coeditor roles, are unpaid positions.